So my birthday was the other Sunday (11.11) YUP- your girl is getting wiser. If you know me or have been following the blog for a while now, you know I take my birthday very seriously – I mean I told the world about my pregnancy on my Birthday(check out the post HERE), that’s how special 11.11 every year is. The past year has been stressful and amazing at the same time, amazing for the most part. ALHAMDULILAH
Fun Fact: I have a thing for notebooks and writing staff down, so usually start my annual journal / notebook on my birthday where I jot down all my dreams, goals, and aspirations for the year and life in general. Today I wanted to share with you lovelies a few pointers I wrote to myself this year and I intend to live by forever:
- PRAY HARDER THAN YOU DID YESTERDAY.
- TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING.
- ALWAYS FIGHT TO BE HAPPY. Happy looks good on you honey.
- YOU ARE YOUR OWN COMPETITION. Strive to be better than you were yesterday.
- INVEST. INVEST. INVEST.
- YOUR HOME IS YOUR HAPPY PLACE, NUTURE IT.
- BUILD A LEGACY.
- TRAVEL THE WORLD.
- CONTINIOUSLY STRIVE TO MAKE SOMEONE’S LIFE BETTER. You haven’t truly lived life until you do so.
- HYDRATE. MOISTURIZE. I know you love a good glow.
- YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE. You better get active and eat better baby girl.
- SAY NO TO COMPROMISE THAT DOESN’T MAKE YOU BETTER.
- IT’S OKAY TO BE SELFISH. Sometimes you have to take care of you first.
- BE THE ENERGY AND VIBES YOU WANT IN YOUR LIFE.
- GOOD VIBES ONLY OR NO VIBES AT ALL.
- THINK TWICE OR EVEN TEN TIMES BEFORE SPENDING MONEY ON THINGS THAT DON’T MAKE YOU BETTER.
- KEEP IT UP, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Unless it concerns ‘dem babies.
- SPEAK UP AND ONLY SAY WHAT YOU MEAN.
- BE KIND AND FORGIVE YOUR SELF. You are still messing up honey.
Which one of these has hit home? I genuinely hope that you can pick up one or two of these pointers, live by them and can hopefully make your life just a little bit better. That would be an amazing birthday gift to me (even if I never get to find out).
Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.
Dress – Maya’s Gallery